Nominations are invited for the annual Glastonbury Citizen of the Year award. There are many people who tirelessly undertake work on behalf of the town and its community. These unsung heroes help to keep our community vibrant through their efforts. Helping the elderly or infirm, supporting youths and their many projects, engaging and involving with businesses are examples where people have gone the extra mile for little or no reward, all for the good of the town which they care about so much.
Glastonbury’s Citizen of the Year is:
- A person who has volunteered their time, dedication and talents to the community and the citizens of the town to make Glastonbury a great place to live, work, play, and learn.
- A person who has made a positive difference to the lives of fellow citizens.
- Someone who is dedicated to the community and concerned for others. They may serve on school, church, sports, or community committees – or volunteer their time and skills in other voluntary organisations.
- A person who has shown a willingness to work with others, who is enthusiastic about the town and its citizens, and who works for the good of the community.
- A person with the qualities of honesty and integrity.
In addition, this year, as part of the Town’s Coronation celebrations (keep your eyes peeled for more information!), we are giving additional awards to local volunteers. His Majesty the King wishes for volunteering to be a central theme of this summer’s celebrations and a lasting legacy of his Coronation. Glastonbury Town Council is therefore seeking nominations for:
Glastonbury’s Exemplary Volunteer: A person who has demonstrated the above qualities and regularly goes ‘above and beyond’ in their volunteer role to make a marked difference to people’s lives in Glastonbury.
Glastonbury’s Volunteering long Service Award: A person who has demonstrated the above qualities over a period of years.
All nominations must be received by 3pm on Monday 3 April 2023 either via the online nomination form or on paper via the Glastonbury Information Centre.
The awards will be presented by Somerset’s Lord Lieutenant, His Majesty’s Representative for the County, Mohammed Saddiq, in the grounds of Glastonbury Abbey on Monday 8 May 2023 during the Coronation celebrations and Glastonbury Abbey Open Day.
NOMINATE HERE: https://forms.gle/bynECACWSH9VuKDTA