The Council is looking to appoint a self-employed person/contractor to lead on the build delivery of the St Dunstan’s Community Health and Wellbeing Centre project within the Glastonbury Town Investment Plan.
The contract length is for up to 120 hours per month for 24 months subject to performance with an immediate start (if possible). The fee is negotiable depending on experience. The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 15 February 2023.
Glastonbury is one of 101 towns in England within the Government’s Town Deal Initiative which is a capital grant scheme and is part of the Government’s ‘Levelling Up’ agenda. In its prospectus, Government set out a three-stage Town Deal process which is:
Stage 1: Preparation and submission of a Town Investment Plan (TIP)
Stage 2: Production of a Business Case for each project in the TIP following HM Treasury Green Book Business Case guidance
Stage 3: Delivery of capital schemes
Stages 1 and 2 are complete. In January 2021, the Accountable Body submitted the Glastonbury Town Investment Plan to the Department for Levelling Up, Housing, and Communities. The Accountable Body is Mendip District Council until 1 April 2023, when it will be the new Unitary Somerset Council. The Plan’s vision is to establish the town as a leader in terms of environmental sustainability, combined with ambitious economic growth. In October of 2022, the full £23.6m Grant for the portfolio of 11 projects was secured. The grant allocation for this project is £1.39m and the grant is available until 31/03/2026. It is anticipated that match funding of circa £1m is required to complete the project.
The role of Project Coordinator for St Dunstan’s House Community Health and Wellbeing Centre is to oversee the delivery of the capital project. This requires a multi-disciplinary approach that:
- Takes responsibility for the pre-construction and construction phase of the St Dunstan’s Community Health and Wellbeing Centre project in the Glastonbury Town Investment Plan
- Collaborates with the Project Lead which is the Town Clerk on all aspects of the project including funding and community engagement
- Forms active part of the Town Deal Programme and contributes to achieving the Town Investment Plan vision
- Communicates and negotiates with multiple stakeholders
- Looks objectively at project processes and provides pragmatic solutions
- Monitors progress and produces performance monitoring reports
The Project Coordinator will:
- Lead on the day-to-day delivery of the St Dunstan’s House Community Health & Wellbeing Centre
- Procure the necessary services to deliver the capital project and complete the build programme, subject to the agreement of the Council as client
- Ensure project delivery is to time, to budget, to the quality assurance specifications and in accordance with the delivery plan
- Report directly to the Town Clerk who is the Project Lead
- Work closely with the Glastonbury Town Deal Support Team and liaise with other projects in the Glastonbury Town Investment Plan to ensure linkage and joined-up thinking.
- Provide input to grant claims made to the Accountable Body as set out in the Grant Funding Agreement
- Produce regular performance and financial reports for the St Dunstan’s project Implementation Sub Committee, Glastonbury Town Council as agreed and to the Accountable Body as set out in the Grant Funding Agreement
- Ensure compliance with current legislation and meet requirements including Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection, Building Regulations, Procurement, and other policies of both the accountable body and Glastonbury Town Council
- Work with the Town Clerk as Project Lead, the Sub-Committee, the Glastonbury Town Deal Board Lead Member and the Town Deal Support Team to compile a post-build operational business plan for the Health and Wellbeing Centre
- Work with the Town Clerk to identify and secure match funding in conjunction with the appointed fundraising consultants
- Complete the build delivery plan and other documentation as required by the Accountable Body
- Liaise with the Architects, Contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure the progress of the project and act as the first point of contact
- Work with the Town Clerk and Town Deal Board Lead Member to engage stakeholders throughout the delivery phase to ensure the project is operational from day one
- Complete other delivery tasks as required
More informaiton is available via the Job Description and Person Specification document below.
St Dunstans House Project Coordinator JD PS
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01458 831 769
To apply please send a covering letter and CV/Portfolio to: email@example.com
or via post to:
Private & Confidential Town Clerk
Glastonbury Town Council
By 12 noon on Wednesday 15 February 2023