GLASTONBURY TOWN COUNCIL IS LOOKING FOR A COMMUNITY SERVICES OFFICER TO JOIN THEIR BUSY TEAM
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL:
- Work within a team who deliver caretaking and warden responsibilities.
- Undertake various tasks in the local community on behalf of the Town Council and other parties.
- Assist with caretaking duties at the Town Hall and other community buildings – to include, cleaning, basic maintenance, meeting set-up and clearance, security etc.
- Undertake vegetation management at various locations throughout Glastonbury.
- Be involved in delivery of the annual Frost Fayre event
- Support the Glastonbury in Bloom programme including the installation of floral displays, watering and maintaining of them through the summer season.
- Operate the weed control system known as Weedtech with other members of the team.
This is a part-time role of 25 hours per week. The successful candidate is expected to partake in their share of the work programme at weekends and evenings on a shared shift rota system. Overtime at a ratio of time and a half is paid for evening and Saturday working above the standard working week.
The role starts at SCP 4 which at the time of publication is equivalent to £10.01 per hour, and you will be automatically enrolled into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
The full Job Description and Person Specification for this position is available from the Town Council Reception Desk in Glastonbury Information Centre or by emailing Glastonbury Town Council’s Office
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to the Town Clerk by email or hand it in, in a sealed envelope to the Town Council Reception Desk in Glastonbury Information Centre addressed to the Town Clerk
The closing date for applications is 17:00 on Friday 1 July 2022
Interviews will be held on Friday 8 July 2022
CSO Vacancy - Advert
CSO Vacancy Person Spec