Many organisations request financial assistance from the Town Council, which allows them to keep operating and delivering their objectives. Each year, the opportunity is provided for these groups and organisations to present the outcomes of the finance provided. The Annual Town Meeting is an opportunity for the community to both learn and become more involved.
The meeting will be held on Tuesday 5th April in the main hall of the Town Hall commencing at 7.00pm. Currently, we have confirmation from ten organisations who will each present for 5 minutes and explain what their respective organisation provides and how it supports the wider community.
The following projects will be presenting:
- Glastonbury Antiquarian Society who are to open a museum in the High Street
- Paddington Farm Trust will share the delights of the family fun day
- Citizens Advice will inform of the continuing support it provides Glastonbury residents
- Glastonbury funds the youth clubs delivered through the YMCA, young people have shown resilience throughout the pandemic and continued to meet – virtually for a few months!
- Glastonbury Sea Cadets a uniformed youth organisation with strong roots in the community
- Glastonbury Community Fridge provides a place where food that is destined to be wasted is made available daily to residents at no cost.
- Glastonbury Brass entertains us frequently throughout the year, in particular attending Frost Fayre, Remembrance and Mayor’s Sunday events.
This list is not exhaustive as additional organisations are invited to share their work.